Next Level Skills Basketball Academy
Coach Pope was a point guard and shooting guard for Goshen College for 4 years on scholarship.
Coach Pope was awarded MVP of the team and All-Conference Honors.
Small group basketball workouts for Skill Development
Coach Pope is the Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at Valor College Prep.
Coach Pope Background
* From Westerville, Ohio
*Westerville South High School
- 3 Sport Athlete - Basketball, Football, & Baseball
- All Confrerence Safety (Football)
- All District & All Conference Point Guard (Basketball)
- 2nd All Time 3 Point Shooter in Westerville South History
- Coached by Ohio Hall of Fame Coach, Ed Calo
*Goshen College - Basketball & Academic Scholarships
- All Conference Point Guard
- 9th All Time in 3 Pointers Made in Goshen College History
- 3rd All Time in Free Throw Percentage in Goshen College History
- Bachelors in Physical Education - Goshen College
- Masters in Sports Management - Lasell College
- Certified NCAA & NAIA Recruiter
- Goshen College Admission Counselor (Athletic Liason)
- McCracken Basketball Camps Coach
- Nashville Sports Leagues Director
- YMCA Youth Sports Area Coordinator
- Founder of Next Level Skills Basketball Academy
- Head Varsity Basketball Coach at Valor Collegiate Academy
Why was Next Level Skills Started?
Nearly 26% of collegiate student athletes on scholarships lose their scholarship by the end of their freshman year in the United States of America. This is way too many, and Coach Pope wants to do something about it. Many athletes flunk out, don’t play well, have financial problems, break school policies, get in trouble with drugs and alcohol, or have other problems that result in them coming home without a degree. Going to college is a huge accomplishment, but coming home without a diploma is not acceptable. This program is designed to prepare student athletes and their families to be successful in every step of the college process. We aim to touch all the bases, even the uncomfortable ones. Being real and talking about the highs and the lows of college sets the expectations of the college experience. With this program, athletes can become successful on and off the court, enjoy their college experience, and leave with a degree that will set them up to be successful in their future.
Coach John Jackson is the Head Assistant Boys Basketball Coach at Valor College Prep.
Coach John Jackson runs the individual basketball skills training and adult basketball bootcamp training.
Valor College Prep Staff vs Student Game.
Coach John Jackson was a point guard Hunter's Lane High School here in Nashville, TN.
Coach Jackson Background
* From Nashville, Tennessee
*Hunters Lane High School
- National Academy of Future Physicians
- All Academic
- Business Major
- Valor College Prep Finance Assistant
- Head Assistant Varsity Boys Coach at Valor College Prep
- Assistant Director of Next Level Skills Basketball Academy
Why does Coach Jackson Coach?
I coach for not only the development of the players but to watch their love grow for the game. Coaching also helps players prepare for real world situations to help them off the court as well. Baskeball will always be a safe place for me, so teaching the game also comes with displaying that safe place to my players.